Office Ergonomics Training
Discover how to conduct comprehensive office ergonomic assessments and enhance employee well-being with our Office Ergonomics Training. Choose from on-demand, video conference, or classroom delivery options, all leading to a Certified Office Ergonomic Evaluator certificate.
Our Metriks Office Ergonomics Evaluator certification covers every aspect of office environment assessment, including evaluating devices and furniture in the workplace. Learn the essential components of Office Ergonomics, such as using the right tools to assess equipment and finding solutions for common issues. With a focus on improving safety, comfort, and productivity, this course empowers you to make a positive impact on workplace health.
- Perform a comprehensive office ergonomic assessment with a client and the work environment.
- Use information collected to guide the development of a detailed office ergonomic assessment.
- Provide appropriate instruction of assessment execution, including appropriate verbal and tactile cues
- Review clinical records for information critical to conducting a disability or impairment rating evaluation.
- Conduct a structured interview to gather data about a client’s history, perceived level of disability, activities of daily living and details of their job duties.
- Measure and analyze levels of physical effort to determine if the client’s assessment data is a reasonable representation of ability or if the client could do more than demonstrated.
- Conduct and interpret standardized measures of function and compare the results to required job demands.
- Explain the usefulness of Office Ergonomics to a stakeholder.
- Analyze office ergonomics to determine the job demands required to improve function within a work place.
- Perform office ergonomic assessment.
- Interpret and rate the results of Office Ergonomics.
- Write a PDA report
- Outline the financial and legal implications of office ergonomics and why they are conducted.
- Describe the history of office ergonomics and where the comparison data originated.
- Detail the processes for conducting office ergonomics.
- Explain use of coefficients of variation when evaluation strength me office ergonomics data.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is included in the training?
- Office ergonomic certificate
- Online Open - book certification exam
- how to perform an Office Ergonomics Assessment online with pre-recorded lectures
- How to perform Office Ergonomics online videos
- Sample Office Ergonomics Report templates (MS Word)
- Components of an Office Ergonomic Assessment
- How to write a report: Office Ergonomics sample reports
- How to write a report: Office Ergonomics Report interpretation guide
- How to write a report: Office Ergonomics Report quality assurance checklist
- Guideline published by various healthcare associations
- Research on Office Ergonomics reference list
- Legal cases on Office ergonomics reference list
- Marketing Guide for your Office Ergonomics practice
- Marketing materials sample articles and brochures free access for training purposes to Metriks Office Ergonomic software platform: online data collection forms and automated report creation template.
Do I have to re-new the certification every year?
No, we at Metriks don't like certifications that require yearly renewals, seems like a money grab to us. You are a professional, if you want more education you will take more courses.
What if I have questions?
We are here to help. You can call toll free (866) 722 4722; email: firstname.lastname@example.org or we can set up a Zoom video call.
Isn't hands on better?
We enjoy meeting and interacting with students during our in-person courses, but that is not practical for everyone. Performing Office Ergonomic assessments is not a technically challenging assessment, most of the testing is done by the client; Performing assessments related to their occupation. The complexity of the office ergonomics comes from the volume of tests and the interpretation of the data.
Do I get data collection sheets, sample reports and manual?
Yes, Yes, and Yes. The Office Ergonomics manual includes data collection sheets, detailed instructions and interpretation guides. We include sample reports of 1-day, 2-day, and a variety of styles for long and short reports.
How is the course delivered?
The course is divided into 11 sections, each section has a an online lecture component with a variety of slides, videos, and readings. When applicable the section includes a workbook and lecture notes. Each section has an emphasis on data interpretation. The 5 sections are: Measurements, office ergonomic reports, resources, sample reports, Metriks Office ergonomics free software, material to hand out to clients, root cause analysis, home office, product and set up recommendation, exercises and stretching and finally posture.
What about report writing?
The course includes unlimited use (for educational purposes) of our Metriks Office Ergonomics data collection and report writing software. This software will walk you through the entire process of completing the Office ergonomics. The data collection forms include data interpretation guides. Data is exported into a selection of MS Word templates that you can download to your computer.
In this course students will become familiar with the ability to improve the safety, comfort and productivity of an employee in an environment such as the office. Students will comprehensively examine and apply various methods of evaluating a workplace, equipment used in a workplace and how to prevent risk of injuries.